Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Active Workflows not listed in Activities window

Posted Sep 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Hello all,

This is a bit strange, not sure if anybody has experienced this already. We have a workflow which is active and running but is not listed in the activities window. There are no filters applied.

This is part of a schedule and the schedule loads up every midnight. But it still shows up in activities until the workflow is completed. This never happened before. 

When I search for the workflow and look at the "last Monitor" , I can see that its active and running.

What could be the reason for this? Could it be a memory issue? Reorg and Archive jobs have been run on this client.

Any input is appreciated. !

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Active Workflows not listed in Activities window
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2018 01:22 PM

Hi

you can try toggling  "Hierarchical" in activity window.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Active Workflows not listed in Activities window

Posted Sep 13, 2018 01:26 PM

Thank you! it worked. So, it was in hierarchical mode, I changed and I can see it now. but why is that? any idea?

• 4.  Re: Active Workflows not listed in Activities window

Posted Sep 20, 2018 05:06 AM

Possible explaination:

The hierarchical view is a tree structure that lists "parents" and "childs". But apparently it lists the "parents" only if it has any applicable "childs". For instance, single JOBS without any "childs" never seem to appear in hierarchical view.

List view, on the other hand, is a plain list that ... erm ... lists everything.

I consider the behaviour of hierarchical view to be highly debatable and it's a recurring source of confusion among many of our own users.

• 5.  Re: Active Workflows not listed in Activities window

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2018 12:57 AM

Hi ShravaniVedantham613199 ,

This can happen when the parent object is already deactivated.

Cheers,

Alexander