CA Service Management

• 1.  How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 03:42 AM

In CA Service Catalog 17.1, there is a "select" component in the form to render as a dropdown.

User complains the dropdown is difficult to click...

We have a dropdown only contains few options.

• I have to click the arrow in the right to expend the option list.
    • If I click this dropdown directly, I will have a cursor in the box for me to input keyword for searching.

Is it able to disable this searching feature?

When I click the dropdown, just expend the option list.

• 2.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 08:52 AM

CarolPiccus see? We are not the only one to find the "new" select unusable.

We have at least three persons per week complaining about it.

The majority of people using it doesn't know what's in it so they click on it to see the list as they do on 99,999999999999% of other websites(0,0000000000001 being Catalog). But no, on Catalog the arrow disapear and it becomes a searchfield.

At least, if you make the arrow disapear, open the list and filter as the user type. But god, please assume that you made a mistake with this one.

At SSQ, Catalog is used for everything. You can ask for a PC or to refill the toilet paper. Most of the requests are submitted by non IT users so it MUST be intuitive. (Having to click in an empty area to make the arrow reappear is not)

gbruneau, does your users find the new select/search a good idea?

remy.jobin STBO GuillaumeM Steeve_Brou

• 3.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi Pier,

I agree the new select field needs work. We don’t yet use SC v17 due to unresolved bugs, however I did open a case for this issue when initially testing 17.0. Support closed it saying that was as designed. I argued saying that doesn’t make sense but didn’t get anywhere.

• 4.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 11:51 AM

While the UI is designed to work that way currently, it does sound like this would be a popular enhancement to the design. I couldn't see an Idea in the system at the moment for this, but it could just be my search terms; have you already logged one we could vote up, pier-olivier.tremblay ?

• 5.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi Lain. In my opinion, this is not an enhancement, this is a correction.

• 6.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Sep 14, 2018 02:12 PM

Agreed

• 7.  Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 01:23 PM

The team is looking to change the behavior of this component to improve usability. We will be trying to get this included in the coming roll-up. If we can, you will see it in the release notes list of fixed defects.

• 8.  RE: Re: How to disable the dropdown searching feature?

Posted Oct 24, 2019 01:51 PM
    Hi, any news regarding this issue? I'm experiencing the same behavior in the latest catalog release...

Or does anyone implemented some customization that avoids this?

Thank you,
    Jakub