Symantec IGA

• 1.  How to create custom reports in Identity Manager

Posted Sep 13, 2018 03:52 PM

I am trying to create a custom report in IDM where it will bring back all users in provisioning roles where the description of the role contains "NERC". Below is the snapshot policy that I have defined in the snapshot definition "NERC Role Members".

Also in my snapshot task, I have my custom definition referenced in the tabs tab.

When I run my snapshot and request my custom report, I am brought back will all users and all of their roles instead of the specific roles that were defined in my snapshot definition.

Looking for assistance as to why this may be happening or if there is a better way to create custom reports in Identity Manager.

• 2.  Re: How to create custom reports in Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 09:18 AM

Hi Kevin,

The screenshot provided is of the Report task, rather than the snapshot task.  The snapshot definition should be configured to capture the relevant users (there is no option to add a filter for specific values in the UI based snapshot, as far as I am aware of).

So the data to capture is all users and all roles. It might be a possibility to add a filter on the report level, am afraid I do not have much experience with custom report.

Could you use the old style snapshot definition (via XML) where filtering is easier to config?

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/14-1/EN/user-console-help/create-a-snapshot-definition/the-snapshot-parameter-xml-file

The screenshot below is of the actual report “NERC Role Members Report” ( and the tab is only indicating which snapshot is associated). It is not the actual snapshot configuration task – this one here is.

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: How to create custom reports in Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Another option. 

Use SoftTerra LDAPbrowser (free, read-only, ability to export to CVS or XLS) tool to build CSV reports, to view in MS Excel.  You would manipulate the data as you wish for a report.

Point the ldap client to the provisioning server, port 20389 or 20390 (tls).  Authenticate with a GU service id (if you have the admin read-only profile) or etaadmin (full admin access).

Build LDAP query on all GlobalUSers OU, with the filter equal to eTRoleDN=*NERC*.   Export the results to CSV or XLS and format.

Thanks again.

• 4.  Re: How to create custom reports in Identity Manager

Posted Oct 19, 2018 05:21 PM

Right we use a similar tool Pentaho to run the same queries. We want an easy way for end users to get access to reports without having to run queries themselves.