Clarity

• 1.  Assigning Resource to Project Weighted by Task, Month

Posted Sep 14, 2018 06:32 PM

I want to hard book a resource to a project with both Capital and Expense Charge Code tasks. I don't want to hard book him a flat 20% to the project because 75% of that time will be working on Capital tasks, and the remaining 25% will be working on Expense tasks. A flat 20% isn't representative of the time he'll be spending. How do I account for this?

Additionally, over the next 4 months, he'll be working 15% and 20% on the project depending on the month. How do I vary his percent allocation by month or quarter?

• 2.  Re: Assigning Resource to Project Weighted by Task, Month

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 12:33 PM

Hi Shawn,

A few  things.

1. Would you make the Capitalization % on the Team be 75% instead of 20%. This would still be a flat 75% capital.

2. You can enter your allocations in either the Team Detail TSV to enter specific hours, or you can make allocation segments by percent using the properties icon on the team page to open Staff Member Properties.

Keep in mind the capitalization % is still 75% but based on the allocation segments.

3.  The tasks then will be identified as capital or operating cost type and the actual hours will be booked based on task cost type.  If there are no cost types on the task it will use the cost type based on the project itself.

Does this help?