Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

• 1.  Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 17, 2018 03:11 AM

I see Users are not able to get access to Timesheets, their profiles seems correct to access Timesheets, but the Timesheets Icon missing for few people, few lost access to "Timesheets" link.

PPM: The Timesheets link is not displayed in HOME - CA Knowledge 

I got this link and it says option needs to checked, please confirm.

• 2.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 05:31 AM

Hi Jaya,

You need to enable New UX in order to enable Active Timesheets 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 17, 2018 05:52 AM

So After upgrade to 15.4 or higher than 15.4 is it a manual work to update the "New User Experience" section ?

If Admin updates this after the Upgrade then there wouldn't been any Timesheet or Login issues , Am I correct ?

• 4.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 17, 2018 06:00 AM

There should not be any negative impact if you enable this after the upgrade. 

• 5.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 17, 2018 06:04 AM

In case if any user has logged in, before the Admin makes the updates in "New User Experience" section, can we expect this Problems ?

• 6.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 06:16 AM

This is a toggle feature to enable NEW UX, the only thing i would recommend is to go by new UX and not flip back timesheet to old UX. 

• 7.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 17, 2018 06:23 AM

No, I do not think so. This setting will just remove the link to access the classic view of timesheets. Even if someone is there during that point of time, there will not be any issues. 

Checking this option, just removes the link, not that page. You can always access the page by doing a simple tweak in the PPM URL.

• 8.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 20, 2018 11:20 AM

Hi Abhisek,

Does this mean you still have option in other versions(15.x) to toggle between classic and New UX and only issue in 15.4 , I thought users don't have option to go back to classic(not via tweaking url ) once New UX timesheet is switched On, is this not true?

• 9.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 28, 2018 06:56 AM

Once you have checked “Activate New User Experience” in System Options you are able to use both the new and the classic timesheets, however until “Activate Timesheets” is marked you will not have a menu item for the timesheets in the new UI, it will only work from direct link. The same goes for the Classic UI; once you have marked “Activate Timesheets” the Classic UI timesheets can only be accessed from direct link, no menu will be shown for it.

Below you can see the links to both the Classic and New UI timesheet pages.

Link to timesheets in Classic: http://<server>/niku/nu#action:timeadmin.timesheetBrowserReturn

Link to timesheets in New UI: http://<server>/pm/#/timesheets

• 10.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 19, 2018 01:17 AM

That option you have screen shot, will enable timesheet in the new UI.  If you enable it, ALL users in the original UI will no longer have access to timesheets in the original UI.

However, your description of the issue experienced is not the above, as some staff have access to Timesheet in the Original UI, and some don't.  There has to be something else preventing these staff from accessing Timesheet in the Original UI.

Not providing a solution, and may be stating the obvious.

• 11.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 11:44 PM

Hi Jaya,

Your issue may be caused by browser cache.

Please clear the browser cache and it may resolve your issue.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 12.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Posted Sep 21, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi JayaSantoshKumar ,

This (System option --> Activate Timesheets) option is use to activate New UI timesheet.

If you deactivate this option, sometimes it requires to clear the caches (flush all)/restart application service to get the Timesheet option in Classic UI.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regard

/Shubham

• 13.  Re: Timesheet Issues after 15.4.1 patch 01 Upgrade.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 04:28 AM

Hi Subham,

A small correction, the option under system option never requires a restart or flushing of caches. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik