DX NetOps

• 1.  Force autorefresh and modify cardview

Posted Sep 17, 2018 11:12 AM

Hello, two questions here concerning the rendering of a custom dashboard:

-Is there any way to force the autorefresh of a dashboard in PM?

-I'm using cardview, is it possible to hide "normal" "minor" and "major" from a specific custom dashboard?. I had a look at the code (from the debug tool of my browser) and the idea would be to delete the ORANGE/YELLOW/GREEN entries from the code:
    var contentToRender = new CAExt.CardViewRenderer({
    "tag":"$RED$Critical (0), $ORANGE$Major (0), $YELLOW$Minor (0), $GREEN$Normal (587)","tooltip":"\u003cdiv 

though I don't know how if the dashboards layouts are dynamically generated or saved and stored statically on the server... I know zip about html/json etc....

Thanks for your time, kind regards

Laurent  

• 2.  Re: Force autorefresh and modify cardview

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 05:00 PM

Hello Laurent,

There is an Auto Refresh you can Enable/Disable for a given Dashboard. Is that what you are looking for?

I don't see a way to customize the Card Views to remove or hide the other Severity values. I believe that would be an Enhancement Request.

We can change the Thresholds set in the Views Edit UI, but I don't see a way to hide them.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Force autorefresh and modify cardview

Posted Sep 18, 2018 08:19 AM

Hello Michael, thanks for your reply. Regarding the auto-refresh matter, I'd like to force it for a given dashboard. This to provide our NOC team very basic alarms, if they forget to put the page in auto-refresh no new alert will ever pop up on there screen... it is a very basic task to accomplish but it may be overlooked

Kind regards