Clarity

• 1.  CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 17, 2018 01:41 PM

First Question: We are on CA PPM 15.4 (SaaS). We need to be able to create more advanced reports than we can in Advanced Reporting. Will this tool provide that?

Second Question:

I was going through the installation instructions and I wasn't sure how to do the following step. Is there a different document for SaaS users?

Document : Advanced Reporting with Jaspersoft

Step 2 under Install the CA JDBC Adapter: Create a folder under your local workspace and name it, for example, drivers. If you do not know where your workspace is located, you can verify it from Jaspersoft Studio Professional. Navigate to File and select Switch Workspace. The "Workspace Root Path" indicates the location of your workspace (for example, C:\workspace\Studio). Click Cancel.

• 2.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 17, 2018 07:38 PM

Hello there,

The documentation is the same for both On Premise and SaaS. Let me research your questions and get back to you with more information.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sarmistha (Documentation)

• 3.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 06:16 AM

The jdbc is required for creating/updating reports, the JDBC driver is specifically built for SAAS solution

• 4.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 18, 2018 03:08 PM

Hello @JRiedel99,

Here's some additional information for your questions:

-Yes, you can use Jaspersoft Studio to develop more complex reports like the ones that are included with the PMO Accelerator Advanced Reporting content.

-As Suman already mentioned, the instructions provided are specifically for SaaS environments. We recommend that you first follow the instructions to install Jaspersoft Studio and after that, follow the instructions as documented to install the JDBC adapter.

Hope this helps.

Sarmistha

• 5.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 19, 2018 12:34 AM

The JDBC Adaptor is not a reporting tool, it allows third party products include TIBCO JasperSoft Studio Professional to connect to the database.

The JDBC driver  is only used to run the reports, or to Data Preview from the Dataset window, when using TIBCO JasperSoft Studio Professional.  Technically, you don't need JDBC to undertake as most of my JasperSoft development I do not use the JDBC driver, just publishing to the JasperSoft server and running from the server (each to their own on how to develop, just quoting what I do).

Regardless of the above, I do have the JDBC installed.  In my case, I placed them into a folder not in the Workspace, and just used the full path name when configuring the Data Adaptor in JasperSoft.

You do have to make sure you have the correct JDBC URL, as well as the correct username/password (jaspersoft username/password, not your PPM account), but the JDBC drivers do work.

• 6.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 20, 2018 12:57 PM

JRiedel99

If you are on SaaS, please message me and I will walk you through how to set this up. 
    Keri

• 7.  Re: CA JDBC Adapter installation

Posted Sep 27, 2018 12:39 PM

I finally figured out how to do what I asked. I can get Jaspersoft Studio connected to the server, but get errors on the connection to the Data Adapter. I put a ticket in with support.