CA Service Management

• 1.  Unable to export Forms using Import Export Utility

Posted Sep 18, 2018 07:28 AM

Dear team,

I am trying to export a form from CA Service Catalog 14.1.02 using the Import Export Utility under Administration -> Tools. However I am getting the error as below.

Error Occurred: Invalid form name(s) specified, please enter valid input and try again

Please provide your suggestion to resolve this.

Error when trying to export

• 2.  Re: Unable to export Forms using Import Export Utility
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2018 11:01 AM

Hello Divya,

Thank you for reaching out with this request! I've taken some time and am able to reproduce the issue you're seeing in your environment. I did realize, however, that I am able to export only top-level folders (for example, System or CA Catalog Content), anything else will give me the same error you're seeing. I've done some research, and have found some patches included in our 14.1.04 release seem to combat this issue. 

I'd suggest looking into one of the following:

1. Download and implement the latest patches for our 14.1 version (CP5) found here:

CA Service Management Solutions & Patches - CA Technologies 

2. If you have restrictions that prevent you from implementing the latest patch currently, try exporting a top-level folder including the form you're looking to export.

Thank you again for reaching out,

Eddie

• 3.  Re: Unable to export Forms using Import Export Utility

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:12 AM

Thank you, Eddie. It worked, I have exported entire Forms.

• 4.  Re: Unable to export Forms using Import Export Utility

Posted Sep 21, 2018 01:03 AM

Thanks, great tip! I have deleted space from the form names and that worked. Now I will check out that patch.