Service Virtualization

• 1.  Password Encry

Posted Sep 18, 2018 07:03 AM

How to do password encrypted in config file in CA Dev Test 10. 2.4

• 2.  Re: Password Encry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 02:16 AM

Hi,

Do you mean that your want to information like the link below?
    Project Configuration
    Please let us know if our expctation is incorrect.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Password Encry

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:52 AM

Expectation is correct. Here I have defined password..How to encrpt here.

• 4.  Re: Password Encry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 04:25 PM

• 5.  Re: Password Encry

Posted Sep 25, 2018 06:59 AM

I have already tried with that and it is not working. I need to pass the password property and throwing exception error.

• 6.  Re: Password Encry

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:07 PM

Jaishankar, can you provide more details on what you're trying to accomplish? If you simply want to mask the password value in the config file then simply check the box under the "lock" icon in the config file as shown by Shiney in the previous post.

If you want to pass the password value then use the following syntax: {{password}}

All of this is functional. But if this doesn't answer your question then please elaborate on what you're trying to do.

• 7.  Re: Password Encry

Posted Sep 26, 2018 04:13 AM

I need to pass the password property with mask value. once I select the check box and pass the password value using syntax: {{password}} it doesn't return any value..it is getting above error messages.

• 8.  Re: Password Encry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 05:08 AM

I thought that DevTest might be doing something wrong with basic authentication (username:password@website), which is what I guess your "Add Participant" is doing, so I replicated that using the built-in Invoke v2 API, like this:

It works perfectly, so I had a look at my config file:

That's fine as well.

Checking the ITR log shows that username and password are displayed as expected:

So the problem must be the way you're constructing the string containing the "FTM_Password" property. I see that your error is from regex, but I don't know how regex is part of an HTTP step, so I wonder what's in your script, and what each of your steps are doing.

If you add some debugging lines to your "Script To Capture the Error Assertion" step, what is it actually doing?

Actually, what's your Excel step doing as well, as DevTest includes the use of Excel as a dataset, which wouldn't take a test step.

Finally, what is your "Add Participant" step doing? Is it REST, Web Services, HTML, etc and how is it constructing the URL?

• 9.  Re: Password Encry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 07:31 AM

Rick,

Just for my own info, can you confirm, in your REST Step, what did you wrote/pasted in the password field? Was it {{Password}}?

Cheers,

Danny

• 10.  Re: Password Encry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 07:47 AM

Hi Danny --

Yes, I used {{Password}} for everything. I tested it before pressing the "encrypt value" checkbox in the config.

When checked "encrypt value", saved the config and navigated away from it and back to it, DevTest automatically changed it to {{Password_enc}}.

I did not change the password in my test for this value - I kept it as {{Password}}, and DevTest automatically caters for the encryption. I ran the test again, and it all worked as expected.