Rally Software

• 1.  SSL certificate verification failed when using dbeif-1.1.0

Posted Sep 18, 2018 03:49 PM

HI,

I'm trying to extract rally data into csv using dbeif-1.1.0.

I have made modifications to the config files for my userid and password

However when I run the command python ac2db sample_postgres.yml, I see the error :

FATAL: AgileCentralConnection.connect(128) - <ConfigurationError> Unable to connect to Agile Central at rally1.rallydev.com: SSL certificate verification failed

Can someone please help me with this issue.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: SSL certificate verification failed when using dbeif-1.1.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 04:18 PM

Hi Sheetal,

This sounds like a firewall is doing some kind of deep packet inspection which requires the traffic to be resigned with a new certificate.  If this new certificate is not trusted by our connector, then it might throw an error like this.

I would like to see the output from the following command:

curl -v https://rally1.rallydev.com

You can download curl from the following site if you're on Windows: curl - Download 

For Redhat and variants: sudo yum install curl

For Ubuntu and variants: sudo apt-get install curl

I'm particularly interested in the output in the Server certificate section.  It should look like this:

* Server certificate:
    * subject: businessCategory=Private Organization; jurisdictionC=US; jurisdictionST=Delaware; serialNumber=3413668; C=US; ST=Colorado; L=Boulder; O=Rally Software Development Corp; OU=CA Technologies; CN=rally1.rallydev.com
    * start date: Jun 27 00:00:00 2017 GMT
    * expire date: Jul 22 12:00:00 2019 GMT
    * subjectAltName: host "rally1.rallydev.com" matched cert's "rally1.rallydev.com"
    * issuer: C=US; O=DigiCert Inc; OU=www.digicert.com; CN=DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA
    * SSL certificate verify ok.

If you see anything like "SSL certificate problem", or "self signed certificate" then that is an issue that will need to be addressed prior to being able to successfully use the connector.

• 3.  Re: SSL certificate verification failed when using dbeif-1.1.0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 04:55 PM

Hi Sheetal,

It looks like we're now working this in a case so we'll mark this one closed.

For future reference we found the following issue with the certificate after running the curl command:

TLS alert, unknown CA (560):
    * SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
    * Closing connection 0 curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain

This implies that there is indeed something that is inserting itself into the communication path.  Normally this is a corporate application firewall or a proxy server, however there are possibilities for a "man in the middle" attack as well.

This is certainly something that should be discussed with your network team and I would suggest asking for a variance on this server so that its web traffic is not being disassembled for inspection.

• 4.  Re: SSL certificate verification failed when using dbeif-1.1.0

Posted Nov 20, 2018 02:50 AM

This also happened to me also. To fix the issue was need the SSL installation services to fix the issues  Thanks for the solution.