CA Service Management

• 1.  Contact Record Archiving

Posted Sep 18, 2018 09:22 PM

Can you use the inbuilt Archive and Purge tool on Contact records? I have tried setting-up a definition in the itil_arcpur_cfg.xml file but I get a strange message in the stdlog when I startup the system and I cannot get a Rule working based on the new definition.

The error I see is:

... arcpur_srvr          8876 ERROR        arcpur.c               612 Received message error (method:got_common_name object:main_obj).

I have done a great deal of experimentation to make sure it is not just some aspect of the definition of the itil_arcpur_cfg.xml file and there is only an error if I set the <factory> to cnt.

We are running r12.6.

• 2.  Re: Contact Record Archiving

Posted Sep 19, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi Alan,

I think one of the challenges with contacts is that they are referenced all over the place in several tables. So before a contact can be deleted, it probably must be dismantled from the referencing tables. Otherwise it is bound to result is orphaned records in all the tables where the record has been already referenced.

What is the business case for wanting to do archive and purge on contacts? why not just make the records inactive instead?

If the records have not been referenced before, then pdm_userload -r <filename> can be used to get rid of the contacts.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Contact Record Archiving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:32 AM

Hello Alan,

Did you have any other questions regarding archive/purge of contact materials?  

Side: The release of SDM you are referencing, 12.6, is well out of support.  We would recommend, if not already in progress, to upgrade to our latest release (17.1)

• 4.  Re: Contact Record Archiving

Posted Jan 30, 2019 03:33 AM

Hi Alan

Did you manage to get this working?

Kind Regards

Jacques

• 5.  Re: Contact Record Archiving

Posted Feb 12, 2019 07:48 PM

Hi Jacques,

I'm afraid I had no joy. I strongly suspect that the Archive tool just won't support any Record type with a UUID as its key.

Regards,

Alan

• 6.  Re: Contact Record Archiving

Posted Feb 13, 2019 01:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback Alan.