Service Virtualization

• 1.  Password Encryption Issue

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:05 AM

Hi All

We are using Devtest Version 10.2.4 and facing issue with password encryption.

We have created a config file and defined the Username and Password properties in that config file.

When we are passing the Password property in the rest call without any encryption then the services are working as expected, but when we are passing the Password property by checking the encryption checkbox in config while then the user authentication is failing.

Please suggest a work around how we can encrypt the password and use it.

Name of Property : {{Password}}

Name of property when encrypted : {{Password_enc}}

Tried passing both the properties, but after checking the encryption checkbox the authentication is failing

Thanks and Regards

Yugain Sharma

• 2.  Re: Password Encryption Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:58 AM

Hi,

How do you use the {{Password}} property or {{Password_enc}} property in your test case?
    Do you use the REST step with these properties?
    Could you please create a test case which include only "Output log Message step" and insert the message like:
    "Provide logging info here.  Use of properties is fine in {{Password}} {{Password_enc}} notation."
    and run by using ITR?
    What is the result of this step?

In my case, I defined Password as "Tsuji" and enciprted in the project.config file.
    And in the test case which has only "Output log Message step", I got:
    Provide logging info here.  Use of properties is fine in Tsuji l40cf5eefe82c9d8c1398a3d078e4049fd1625d42b6b3ca2ccc24cdd8edef05716951170bc9 notation.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Password Encryption Issue

Posted Sep 21, 2018 12:31 AM

Even if you have selected encryption checkbox in config, you should use the property {{Password}} in your test script

Are you running the Test using workstation (ITR or Staging ) or using ANT to run the tests ?

• 4.  Re: Password Encryption Issue

Posted Oct 04, 2018 07:53 AM

Hi Krish

We are using below steps:

1.Checking the checkbox against Password property in config file

2.In our Rest Call we are passing the {{Password}} property only and not {{Password_enc}} .

3.We are running cases via ITR and Staging.

Regards

Yugain

• 5.  Re: Password Encryption Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 09:17 AM

Yugain, can you try the same using  a WebService (XML) step?  

• 6.  Re: Password Encryption Issue

Posted Oct 04, 2018 10:03 PM

Can you add "Output Log Message" before REST step and add {{Password}} to display.

Run in ITR and see if the actual value (decrypted value) is displayed or not. I have used in REST call, SQL step as well, works fine.

If this doesn't work, you can also verify by using DevTest jre instead of system's jre.