Service Virtualization

• 1.  Channel file

Posted Sep 20, 2018 01:52 AM

How to place channel file in CA Lisa (Verson 10.1.0.283) for Service virtualization?

• 2.  Re: Channel file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:19 AM

Hi,

Could you please explain about "channel file" in detail?

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: Channel file

Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:40 AM

Hi Yusuke Tsuji,

As per my understanding, we usually use this file to connect to the queues on IBM websphere MQ application connection. These contain the (application id/passwords/required files for connections).

And we give a 'Channel Name' while we record Live queues using VSE Recorder.

Please correct me if my understanding is not on right path.

• 4.  Re: Channel file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 08:34 AM

Hello - Please confirm if you are following the steps as mentioned in the link below

IBM MQ Native Transport Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

As mentioned here

channel is the pairing of a proxy queue and a live queue.

The proxy request queue and the live request queue form a request channel.

The proxy response queue and the live response queue form a response channel.

Each channel must have a unique name.

Select the queue assets for the Proxy RequestLive RequestProxy Response, and Live Response lists. If the assets have not been created, you can create them from this page. You can also edit assets from this page.

The different queue assets need to created if you are configuring it for the first time. These use the jars provided by MOM to connect to the queues on Websphere MQ.

• 5.  Re: Channel file

Posted Oct 12, 2018 09:26 AM

Preeti,

Did Prem's recommendations help you out with this question?

• 6.  Re: Channel file

Posted Oct 14, 2018 04:39 AM

Yes, I found it helpful. But still working on R to R pairs and would probably work more into Record & palyback mechanism. So, might come back here if I have any further queries.