Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I sort Test Folders that are parented by the same parent Test Folder, other than by the Test Folder ID?

• 1.  How can I sort Test Folders that are parented by the same parent Test Folder, other than by the Test Folder ID?

Posted Sep 20, 2018 12:18 PM

I have a Test Folder that has several child Test Folders underneath it.

I want to change the sort order to display the child Test Folders in an order that is not based on the Test Folder ID's, but I can't see how to do that.

Whenever I try to move a child Test Folder into a different order, the only option is to move it to another Test Folder (re-parenting it to that other Test Folder).

If this is a limitation of CA Agile Central, then I just need to confirm; otherwise, please advise how to change the sort order.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How can I sort Test Folders that are parented by the same parent Test Folder, other than by the Test Folder ID?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 12:48 PM

Hi Jon, unfortunately it is not possible to change the order of test folders.  There is an idea on our ideas site to have the functionality added  https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D2779   Please feel free to vote on this idea if you believe it will be helpful to you.  

Then, share the link to the idea to a relevant discussion group or just to your feed in the CA Agile Central Community (rallycommunity.rallydev.com) to secure votes and comments for the idea!

Customer requests are an important part of our product backlog, so please continue to submit any suggestions you believe would be useful. Ideas will go through a review process that includes: 

- Documenting and submitting your request to Product Management 
    - Aggregating similar requests into a single request 
    - Reviewing and prioritizing each request 
    - Scheduling the request for a specific release if appropriate 

We appreciate the feedback! 

• 3.  Re: How can I sort Test Folders that are parented by the same parent Test Folder, other than by the Test Folder ID?

Posted Sep 20, 2018 04:57 PM

The reason for this is because the filters and sorts on this and most other pages only filters/sorts on that top-level item that the page is meant to display, not necessarily the child items. A good idea to allow some sort of ordering, though!

• 4.  Re: How can I sort Test Folders that are parented by the same parent Test Folder, other than by the Test Folder ID?

Posted Sep 21, 2018 09:44 AM

That Idea gets my chip!