DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  APM SaaS issues

Posted Sep 21, 2018 02:57 AM

1] APM SaaS (Digital Experience Insights)'s APM server IP has changed after few days. Can't we keep it fixed? We have a challenge as one of the customer need to whitelist IP to allow passing of data.

2] when one tries to directly visit a URL of Application Performance Management (APM) server in APM SaaS  then I am getting HTTP Error 404. Earlier it used to redirect to cloud.ca.com for authentication.

3] How is Request Extension honored?

Appreciate quick answers

regards

• 2.  Re: APM SaaS issues
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 02:08 PM

We use AWS classic ELB for handling  the incoming traffic to APM/AXA  SAAS. AWS has a dynamically changing set of IP addresses for this ELB and we don’t have control on that list. AWS scales the LBs (which in turn changes the IP) based on incoming load . Ideally the customer should white-list the public DNS  and not rely on IPs.

I believe this is how it always worked. It works the same in our other SaaS environments. 

If this is for trial extensions, these are handled by product management. 

Hope this answers your questions. 

• 3.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Posted Sep 21, 2018 09:43 PM

Thanks.

If I have to look for a specific APM SaaS documentation (rather Digital Experience Insights), which includes

0] Capabilities

1] Installation Requirements & various Installations

2] Usage guide

3] Configuration / Customization / Administration

&

4] Support (during & after trial)

where can I find?

Btw. I also want to understand variation between on-prem APM & APM SaaS (capabilities, features & terminology).

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2018 06:00 PM

Hi Vivek,

The APM SaaS documentation is available under the docops for "CA Digital Experience Insights Application Performance Management" ("APM SaaS for DXI") which is here: CA Application Performance Management - CA Digital Experience Insights Application Performance Management - CA Technolog… 

The standard on-premise APM docops for latest version "CA Application Performance Management - 10.7" is here: CA Application Performance Management - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

During the trial if you hit any problems you can log support cases after login to the support portal support.ca.com  (MENU -> CASE MANAGEMENT): https://comm.support.ca.com/csupport/CaseManagement/cases/new 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:37 AM

Hi,

1. as Charles_Nack wrote above we have no influence on the IP address. Please use the DNS name.
    2. when I try to open a specific URL in the browser without being logged in I get a 302 redirect to the login page. Same with curl:

< HTTP/1.1 302 Found

< Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:33:30 GMT

< Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=node01e3vgfscwq244ikji749r8gx46344.node0;Path=/apm/appmap

< Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

< Location: https://cloud.ca.com/sppclient/#/login

< Content-Length: 0

< Set-Cookie: 770a6fd7e34033f10a0356f4ba8be7be=c15a65fe7bca22d7d1e609e2d375a3c9; path=/; HttpOnly

3. What do you mean by "Request Extension"? If you request a http url what you get is determined by the mapping of the URL on the server(s) and the "Accept" header but usually not by the extension in the URL.

• 6.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Posted Sep 25, 2018 08:42 AM

Hi all!

In summary,

1] Go with DNS name - Got it.  <<< Need to find out right approach

2] "Request Extension" for Trial - 30 days is generally sufficient, but sometimes you may require additional 5-10 days for completion of Trial. Last time we requested Trial extension, but did not get any response. So, Not sure about right approach. It will be good if Case is generated with a proper response. 

3] Support (during & after trial) - Need more formal approach as many times you do not have a site ID.

4] Thanks for the documentation link.

Appreciate your responses.

• 7.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 04:26 AM

Hi Vivek,

2. Request extension: now I got it. I would assume you can extend your trial another time. A CA representative might contact you to provide an explanation but in your case that would be sufficient reason to extend the trial.

3. I have to punt this question to my colleagues in support and/or digital sales as I'm not up to date with the support process for DXI trials.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 8.  Re: APM SaaS issues

Posted Oct 01, 2018 08:51 PM

Hi all!

One more question.

Is there a concept of RelayHub / Collector for APM SaaS so as to centralize the communication to APM SaaS server from customer environment?

If so, from where I can download this  collector and what is the installation / configuration procedure?

Btw. I know that RelayHub exists for Infrastructure Monitoring but I do not find similar one for Application Performance Management. 

regards.