Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Frequency of Transaction in VSE_METRIC_COUNT Table

• 1.  Frequency of Transaction in VSE_METRIC_COUNT Table

Posted Sep 21, 2018 02:36 PM

Folks,

I am using devtest 9.5.1 with derby Db. I am trying to get some meaningful data from counts table to generate report manually fetching data using SQL queries.

I have doubt here that at what frequency VSE logs data and for after how many days it is cleaned up. 

J_NeSmith Koustubh.Warty 

• 2.  Re: Frequency of Transaction in VSE_METRIC_COUNT Table
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:36 AM

Hello Rahul,

The following properties are used to control the metrics collection in LISA Virtual Services Environment servers. The values here are the defaults.

lisa.vse.metrics.collect=true
    Main property to turn on the overall metrics collection (true) or off (false):

lisa.vse.metrics.txn.counts.level=service
    This property controls the level at which transaction counts are recorded. When the named transaction counts are summed, you get transactions per any time period. Options are none (or false), service (the default), or request.
    - Service: The name of the service names transaction counts.
    - Request: The service name plus the request operation names transaction counts.

lisa.vse.metrics.sample.interval=5m
    This property controls how often transaction rate and response times are sampled.

lisa.vse.metrics.delete.cycle=1h
    lisa.vse.metrics.delete.age=30d
    These properties control how often old metric data is scanned for and deleted, and what is considered old.

You can find these properties description in the link below:

DevTest Property File (lisa.properties) - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you are going to change any of these properties, please update the local.properties file with the property and its new value. Do not modify the lisa.properties file.

Hope it helps,

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Frequency of Transaction in VSE_METRIC_COUNT Table

Posted Sep 24, 2018 04:08 PM

Thanks Maria . that helps