Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Mobile Apps authentication using existing enterprise userstore

• 1.  Mobile Apps authentication using existing enterprise userstore

Posted Sep 21, 2018 05:59 AM

Hello People,

We are considering a mobile application for the current intranet site which will be in future accessed over Internet .

All the enterprise applications will be available over the app.

We would like to leverage existing userstore and Policy Store (Both on CA Directory) for the authentication and authorization purposes.

I would like to know what are the possible solution designs to achieve this ?

Currently i am at see because as much as i know SAML is not very well supported by Mobile Apps and I don't know much about OAuth and Other protocols (to be fair i don't have much idea about authentication in Mobile Apps).I need some clarity about how to use such protocols or if they are even part of solution i have in my mind  

Can anyone help me with this and let me know what would be the best way of doing this ?

PS: I do not like the idea of using VPN tunnels to access intranet every time user wishes to access internet. I would also not like to buy additional components at this time like CA Access Gateway.(CA Access Gateway is not used in current SSO implementation).

• 2.  Re: Mobile Apps authentication using existing enterprise userstore

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 10:12 AM

There are a lot of possible directions to this that you may not want to post in a public forum.  Do you have a CA account Rep?  You can schedule an intro call with CA Services architect and drive the discussion that way as this might not be the best forum to get what you need.