Agile Requirements Designer

• 1.  Error message while try to connect to >Export>HP AML>

Posted Sep 21, 2018 07:06 PM

I am using 30-day trial version of ArD. As I tried to connect Export feature to my existing HP ALM account but received error message "Service call:startSession ... Error message:Fault code 2: XML error: [9:6] Invalid SOAP Message, Envelope expected" instead.

Is that because the trial version doesn't support this connection or I missed anything. Screenshots attached

• 2.  Re: Error message while try to connect to >Export>HP AML>
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 05:37 AM

Hi derrickdn!

There are two connectors for ALM, you seem to be using the GT HPE ALM Service? 

We recommend that you connect using the REST API. It's the simpler method and does not require any service installation. (Or do you need special features such as importing BPTs? Only then you'd use the GT HPE ALM Service.) 

Please try again with the connector named "HP Application Lifecycle Management". Under URL, please enter the server URL without qcbin/ and without any JSP page, for example, just http://qc12-prod:8080.

Here is more info if you have questions about configuring the connector:

Configure Lifecycle Tool Integration - CA Agile Requirements Designer - 2.9 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Integrate With HPE ALM (REST) - CA Agile Requirements Designer - 2.9 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Does that work for you?

Best regards,

Ruth

• 3.  Re: Error message while try to connect to >Export>HP AML>

Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:07 AM

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the tip (only connect to the server URL w/t using .jsp page or /qcbin folder) and setup links. I was be able to connect a HP ALM by:

1)  Adding ALM config file (on local machine) via ARD > General Configuration > ALM

2) Then access our ALM via ARD > Connectors Dock > HPE ALM >

Thanks,

Derek