Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Day Light Saving Time

Posted Sep 24, 2018 03:39 AM

Hi All,

need some help from the community on the below.

I am looking for some help with a situation coming up with one of our vendors. The schedule in Automic is configured in CDT time whereas the schedule at vendor is configured using UTC time.

For ex: one of our workflow runs @1.30 AM CDT and the vendor job follows @7:15 AM UTC (= 2:15 AM CDT).  When the Day light savings end in November, this job will run @1.30 AM CST (=2.30 AM CDT) which will cause the vendor job to run before our job finishes.

PLease suggest to tackle this situation.

TIA
    Shani

• 2.  Re: Day Light Saving Time

Posted Sep 24, 2018 04:08 AM

As I don't know other dependencies reading your post, the simplest option is to schedule this task using UTC to stay in sync with your vendor. If your AWA Client is using a Time Zone object, you need to define a new Timezone Object UTC. Also you need a new Schedule Object where you use UTC. If you have defined both you use the new schedule object to submit the job.

• 3.  Re: Day Light Saving Time

Posted Sep 27, 2018 11:43 AM

thanks Franz,

Few more questions,

1: AE runs in CDT timezone, how we can check it follows CST after November.

2: we do not use any TZ object, so i assume we would need to create a new schedule in order to match up with UTC so that the jobs in Automic run before the jobs start at vendor side

• 4.  Re: Day Light Saving Time

Posted Oct 04, 2018 11:21 AM

We have different tasks under the schedule which are running on CENTRAL TZ and we only need one to run on UTC.

correct me if I am wrong.

I will make the UTC task INACTIVE in current schedule

and create a new schedule for the UTC task assigning the UTC TZ object.

when the DST starts, we can ACTIVATE the old task in the scehdule and DEACTIVATE the new schedule with UTC TZ object.

TIA

Shani

• 5.  RE: Re: Day Light Saving Time

Posted Oct 23, 2019 11:17 PM
    Edited by PROSENJIT MAJI Oct 23, 2019 11:17 PM
    Hello Folks,

I am not sure which version you are at right now but  some of V12.X.X is having wrong behavior / bug due to 'Day Light Saving'.

Please take a look at following to be on safer side : 

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=129487

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Prosenjit

• 6.  RE: Re: Day Light Saving Time
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2019 02:55 AM
    Hi,
    as Prosenjit has already written, there is a bug in the Daylight Saving Time in different versions and service packs, starting with 11.2 up to and including 12.2.
    I would therefore suggest that you do a test before the actual time change:
    • Create a new client that corresponds to your constellation, e.g. Time Zone object of the client.
    • Create test objects, e.g. JSCH, JOBS, etc. which also coresspond to your constellation
    • Modify the Time Zone object(s), so that the Daylight Saving Time is earlier than regular (but the day after tomorrow at the earliest!)
    • Activate your test objects
    • Check the results
    Kind regards,
    Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.