Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Posted Sep 24, 2018 05:08 AM

Details for 1 IBM MQ Native Send Receive flows into all the testcases.

How can we configure MQ differently for each Test cases?

• 2.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 07:32 AM

Hi Deeplena

Could you share some more specifics here ? Which part of MQ would you like to be configured for each test case ? Is it the Queue or connection ? 

regards

Sankar

• 3.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Posted Sep 24, 2018 07:52 AM

Eg:

I have a TC where the Queue along with connection settings need to be different for 2 different test cases. But while adding details to 1 queue for 2nd test case the setting earlier made for the 1st test case also gets changed. How can this situation be handled?

• 4.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 08:17 AM

Hi Deeplena

Thanks for the quick response. I need couple of clarifications.

1. Are you referring to different steps in the same test case ? or the problem occurs even if the test cases are separate ?

2. The version of Devtest

3. If possible, please attach a screenshot that depicts the problem better.

regards

Sankar

• 5.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Posted Sep 25, 2018 07:41 AM

Dev test version 10.2.4

2 different test cases need to refer 2 different Messaging Queue with different settings (mainly Queue Name) but changing value in 1 case its getting reflected in all the cases.

Not be able to add screenprint

• 6.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 08:02 AM

Hi Deeplena

Thanks for the details. I will check this and revert.

regards

Sankar

• 7.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Posted Sep 28, 2018 01:30 AM

1st  test case: add Put/Get Queue(Provide Name for better visibility) and Queue Manager details.

2nd test case: add new Put/Get Queue(with new queue name) use the same Queue Manager details used in first step if it's same , else add new Queue manager.

Verify both test case has different Name in the drop down of Put/Get queue.

• 8.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi Deeplena

I have checked this in my local environment. I have a IBM MQ Broker in which I have defined 2 queue managers, and queues. I could very well update the 2 test cases individually with different queues. I have tested it queues from same queue manager as well as different queue manager. It works pretty well. 

Can you export and attach your test case here ?

regards

Sankar

• 9.  Re: Unable to configure IBM MQ for different test cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 08:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Deeplena,

Sankar confirms what I have seen many times at customer sites, there should be no issues.

Could it be that there is confusion with regards to the button “edit the current existing asset” (the red squared buttons in attached printscreen) and the button “create a new asset” (the green squared buttons)?

@Deeplena, are you using the (green squared) buttons with the +-sign?

An asset is a generic container for a configuration item. And the asset name is unique and should name the functionality/objective of the queue.  Example: CustomerRequest queue and OrderRequest queue. (As you notice my example in attached printscreen using “request” and “response” is not good practice   )

Then within each configuration file for your different test environments you can give the actual names for each of the queues.

Be aware, that when you have a testcase open inside the testcase editor, and you use the “edit the current existing asset” (red squared button) you are actually updating your current active configuration file

Cheers,

Danny