Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 24, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi,

For a particular time sheet, the note count is shown as 5 but I can see only 3 notes by users over there. It is not showing the notes entered via classic view in MUE timesheets.

Similarly in other cases, Note count is shown as 3 or more but there is nothing available in there. While checking in the db records in PRNOTE table I found that the note text says "Validation Rules [Default] - Succeeded." but the same isnot visible under notes in MUE UI still count is there.

Please let me know if it's a known issue & any workaround is there to fix the same.

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 2.  Re: Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 12:17 PM

There could be orphan timesheet notes and we may need to clean that. 

• 3.  Re: Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi Divyanshu,

I tried to replicate the scenario in one of my test machines. then referred to the PPM database. 

The PRNOTE table shows something like this: 

Note 4 and Note 5 have been created by me from New UI. And the PRUID seems to be a bit different, unlike the ones that were created from Classic UI. 

Check if the problematic Notes that you can see in the DB are created from Classic UI or New UI. 

Do you have any custom processes internally which runs on the Timesheets and add a note to the Timesheets? Just a thought. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 4.  Re: Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:42 PM

Hi Abhisek,

As you can see the ones created from classic UI have values like PRNOTEUID5122...

Basically a validation hook runs (provided & supported by CA for our application) every time. It may be the case it is creating these notes with the value "Validation Rules [Default] - Succeeded."

I need to check how that validation hook is creating these notes.

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 5.  Re: Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 06:27 AM

Hi Abhisek,

One of our PM has raised a case 01195893 with CA for this issue. It is assigned to Syed Mohammed but we aren't able to connect with him as he seems to be working in different time zone.

We have asked him to schedule a webex for today at 8:00 PM IST but not sure whether the same will happen or not.

Is it possible to get it reassigned to someone working from India only.

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 6.  Re: Timesheet Notes count vs details in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi Divyanshu, 

Please do not mention the case details and CA Support case related information in CA Community. This is a public forum and these are internal information. Hope you can understand. Please update the case with all the information. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar