Service Virtualization

• 1.  MQ Virtual service

Posted Sep 24, 2018 11:14 AM

Hi my requirement is to replace a queue that will receive input message in INI message format from client application and has to store a queue of messages which will latter be picked up by the downstream application as per its data logic. so how can i create a lisa stub/virtual service which will act as a MQ queue. I know i can configure an MQ in my model to liten to the messages but here i want to eradicate the queue and instead replace m stub with the queue can you please help me wth a work around? Also is there any temporary or dummy queue available in lisa that can be used or can be create a queue but also need a queue manger 

Thanks in advance 

• 2.  Re: MQ Virtual service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2018 12:00 PM

ESBs provide a lot of functionality that make things easy-to-use, such as reliable messaging, asynchronous operation, character set encoding, authorisation & authentication, queue sharing groups, etc. I've tried to replicate some of these things in the past, using both TCP transport protocol and ODP, without success.

If you don't want to use the MQ server provided in your environment you can download & install your own MQ on a different machine. DevTest doesn't mind about copying messages over different MQ instances on different queue managers, or about using local installations of MQ.

• 3.  Re: MQ Virtual service

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi Rick thanks for your response but wanted to know if there is any way around where the MQ can be completely eradicated and instead can have a  stub/virtual service where directly the calls can be placed from the client application and can we use the temporary lisa queue