Clarity

• 1.  Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to increase the screen availability of an error message in NUX, so that as soon as an error comes the error message remains on screen for more time allowing user to read the same completely?

Regards,

Divyanshu Dhyani

• 2.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi Divyanshu, 

I can understand the concern when the error message is more than just a short line.

If you are able to provide some specific steps to replicate the issue, then may you can raise a case with CA Support. This is something that can not be modified by any supported way. But if through a CA Support case we can check with the development team if that is possible. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:35 AM

Thanks Abhisek!

• 4.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:37 AM

Abhisek Can you also have a look at another question of mine at below link & let me know if you have any resolution for this?

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241815827-timesheet-notes-count-vs-details-in-nux-v153

• 5.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:56 AM

Sure, let me check that one. I will try to provide my input, if any.

• 6.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:15 AM

Hi Divyanshu, Hi Abhisek!

Yes, users can position their mouse or pointing device over the message to extend the on-screen display duration beyond the default 5 seconds. I just tried it again, and the message remained on screen for a full 30 seconds as a test.

I believe this was noted in the 15.3 Release Notes. We hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Damon

• 7.  Re: Error Messages in NUX v15.3?

Posted Sep 27, 2018 11:18 AM

I said the exact thing to Divyanshu, as he raised a support case, as per my suggestion.

I have also tested and can confirm that if you double click the error message and keep your mouse cursor over that pop-up error message, it stays until u move the cursor away.