CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Notification method set email from backend

• 1.  Notification method set email from backend

Posted Sep 26, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi

By default notification method is set to Empty for every contacts. We need to set it to EMAIL for every contacts from backend. WHich table i can find this? i cant see this field in ca_contact table.

Please guide

• 2.  Re: Notification method set email from backend
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 26, 2018 06:26 AM

Hi!

the notification fields are in table usp_contact.  This is surprisingly hard to find in the on-line documentation: I had to search for 'c_cm_id1' to find this link: Contact - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation.

To set the notification for every contact to Email and set the notification workshift to '24 hours', I would typically run the following SQL against the mdb database:

update usp_contact set
    c_cm_id1 = 1800
    ,c_cm_id2 = 1800
    ,c_cm_id3 = 1800
    ,c_cm_id4 = 1800
    ,c_ws_id1 = 'wrkshft:4602'
    ,c_ws_id2 = 'wrkshft:4602'
    ,c_ws_id3 = 'wrkshft:4602'
    ,c_ws_id4 = 'wrkshft:4602';

After any such update, run 'pdm_cache_refresh -t usp_contact' to reload the table.

If you don't have SQL access, you could achieve the same result using pdm_extract and pdm_load. 

Run this command to extract the current fields:

pdm_extract -f "select id, c_cm_id1, c_cm_id2, c_cm_id3, c_cm_id4, c_ws_id1, c_ws_id2, c_ws_id3, c_ws_id4 from usp_contact" > usp_cnt_01.dat

Edit the file to insert the values shown above, then run 'pdm_load -vf usp_cnt_01.dat' to update the records.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Notification method set email from backend

Posted Sep 26, 2018 03:26 PM

many thanks james. appreciated

• 4.  Re: Notification method set email from backend

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:12 PM

You are most welcome.