DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI

Posted Sep 25, 2018 09:31 PM

Hi,

I have CA BI installed in dedicated server.

In EM Server I did Squirrel JDBC connection without any error. I can execute some sql query from there.

In CA BI Server I try the connection from CA BI I, but I got error

Cannot get a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: Call to method setReadOnly(true) not valid during a transaction.

I follow the instruction to troubleshot this error from this URL Connect to CA APMSQL - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation. I add <property name=”defaultReadOnly” value=”false”/> to jdbcDataSourceServiceFactory bean:

<bean id="jdbcDataSourceServiceFactory" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.JdbcReportDataSourceServiceFactory">
    <property name="pooledJdbcDataSourceFactory">
    <ref bean="dbcpJdbcDataSourceFactory"/>
    </property>
    <property name="autoCommitUnsupportedDrivers">
    <set>
    <value>com.simba.cassandra.jdbc4.Driver</value>
    <value>com.simba.impala.jdbc4.Driver</value>
    </set>
    </property>
    <property name="driverAuthMethMap">
    <map>
    <entry key="com.simba.cassandra.jdbc4.Driver" value="1"/>
    <entry key="com.simba.impala.jdbc4.Driver" value="3"/>
    </map>
    </property>
    <property name="poolTimeout" value="900"/>
    <property name=”defaultReadOnly” value=”false”/>
    </bean>

After I add the property and restart the CA Business Intelligence Tomcat Service, the CA BI browser does not work with error: HTTP ERROR 404

Then, I remove the  <property name=”defaultReadOnly” value=”false”/>. I restart the CA Business Intelligence Tomcat Service and CA BI can work.

The <property name=”defaultReadOnly” value=”false”/> seems made the tomcat does not work properly.

Now I'm still getting error: Cannot get a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: Call to method setReadOnly(true) not valid during a transaction. Is there any other ways to solve this error message?

Regards

Rio

• 2.  Re: APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 02:16 AM

Hi Rio,

Can you please upload the Tomcat logs created when you add <property name=”defaultReadOnly” value=”false”/> to get the 404 error?

This problem might need assistance from CA Business Intelligence community (CA Service Management).

What version of CA BI are you using?

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI

Posted Sep 26, 2018 05:49 AM

Hi Lynn,

attached is the log under apache tomcat.

I use CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0

regards

Rio

• 4.  Re: APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 09:16 AM

Dear Sus: 

In the catalina logs, I see on the 25th some connection refused errors 

25-Sep-2018 18:08:42.707 SEVERE [http-apr-8080-exec-4] null.null Could not create connection
    org.teiid.jdbc.TeiidSQLException: TEIID20020 Error establishing socket to host and port: 192.168.10.144:54321. Reason: Connection refused: connect
    at org.teii

In cabusinessintelligencetomcat-stdout.2018-09-26.log  you appear to have a typo 

2018-09-26 08:22:37,609 ERROR ContextLoader,localhost-startStop-1:331 - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 494 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 494; columnNumber: 20; Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "property".

Open the port and make sure it is running. Fix the quote issue. Since Squirrel JDBC works, opening a case with the BI Team suggested by Lynn sounds like a good next step. They can work with APM Support as needed

• 5.  Re: APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:54 AM

Hi Hallet,

Thank you found the error. Ya I did a typo and I learn form this case. Next will use notepad++ rather than notepad:)

See the rootcause before and after:

Before

After fixed

Now the connection is work.

Thank you

Rio

• 6.  Re: APMSQL JDBC connection error in CA BI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:40 AM

I'm not sure where you ran queries from originally but if it was the same server as the EM, you might want to check this value in <EM home>config/APMSqlServer.properties

This will default to localhost by default, so if you are making a remote call, you should configure it to the hostname of the machine so that a remote connection would be possible.

com.ca.apm.sqlserver.jdbcbind.address=