Continuous Delivery Director

• 1.  Does CDD support IBM websphere MQ for active-active configuration?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:38 AM

I am trying to configure CDD 6.7 on premise in active-active mode.

The documentation on the CA support website recommends Rabbitmq 3.6.6 (Configure High Availability - CA Continuous Delivery Director - 6.7 - CA Technologies Documentation )

In our enterprise we do not have a standard support for rabbit mq. Is it possible to use IBM websphere MQ as a substitute for rabbitmq?

If yes, what changes are required in the configuration? 

• 2.  Re: Does CDD support IBM websphere MQ for active-active configuration?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:45 AM

dirk.vanhuylenbroeck We are trying to find the compatibility of IBM websphere MQ with CDD

• 3.  Re: Does CDD support IBM websphere MQ for active-active configuration?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 12:02 PM

Hello Saurabh,

I'm working on getting confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that the answer is going to be that this was never certified. I'll let you know as soon as we have confirmation one way or the other. 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 4.  Re: Does CDD support IBM websphere MQ for active-active configuration?

Posted Oct 08, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi Gregg_Stewart,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: Does CDD support IBM websphere MQ for active-active configuration?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 09:52 AM

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for your patience. I just received confirmation that we do not support IBM WebSphere MQ. If this is something that you need then please create an IDEA so that others can vote for whether or not this would be of value to them and the product management team can review. 

If you have any problems/questions submitting the IDEA then please let us know. This KB Article describes how to create an IDEA for CA Release Automation. The same steps apply for CDD. The only difference would be starting from the Continuous Delivery Community instead of the CA Release Automation community.

How to Submit a Request For Enhancement for Releas - CA Knowledge 

Many thanks,

Gregg