CA Service Management

• 1.  Triggering Attachment Archiving

Posted Sep 26, 2018 09:02 PM

I have setup Archiving on an Attachment Repository (for the first time ever) but it does seem to actually be doing anything. I can't see in any of the documentation what actually triggers this kind of archiving. Can someone please give me a hint what drives this?

The Attachments that are in that Repository already have their "del" flag set to "1" because the tickets they related to have been previously archived with the usual Archive and Purge Rules.

r12.6

Thanks,

Alan

• 2.  Re: Triggering Attachment Archiving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:08 AM

Alan_Eth 

CA SDM 12.6 has been out of support for some time now.

A lot of fixes to the Archive and Purge module have been made since then.

Do you have any plans on upgrading to the latest CA SDM 17.1 release?

Did you follow these steps:

To archive and purge attachments, complete the following steps:
    1.  Select Attachments Library, Repositories on the Administration tab.
    The Repositories page opens.
    2.  Right-click on a repository (such as Service Desk) and click Edit.
    The repository details page opens.
    3.  Edit the following fields:
    Archive Type
    Specifies the archive and purge action to be taken on the contents of the repository. Following values are valid:
    None: No archive and purge process is performed.
    Archive and Purge:The historic records are written to the file specified in the archive field and purged from the database.
    Purge Only:The historic records are purged from the database, but are not written to the archive file.
    Archive Path
    Specifies the directory path or the UNC path to which files in the repository are moved during the archive process.
    UNC Credentials
    Specifies the credentials to access the UNC path. Click UNC Credentials to open the Credentials Search page.

• 3.  Re: Triggering Attachment Archiving

Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:15 PM

Hi Paul,

That is exactly the procedure I followed including selecting Archive and Purge as the Archive Type. Should the actual archiving of the Attachments have kicked-off as soon as I saved the updates to the Repository, or when the Default Workshift for Archiving (in Options Manager) is in effect or is it something else that triggers it?

• 4.  Re: Triggering Attachment Archiving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:33 PM

Alan_Eth 

The archive and purge functionality wont purge attachments that are referenced by tickets or other objects

Are the attachments attempted to be purged still attached to active SDM tickets?

• 5.  Re: Triggering Attachment Archiving

Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:40 PM

No the tickets have been removed in the past by the normal Archive and Purge facility (and accordingly the "del" flag is set to "1" on each of the attmnt records).