Service Virtualization

• 1.  LISA Logs permission

Posted Sep 27, 2018 02:45 PM

For LISA/Devtest All log files which are getting logged as root with restricted permissions. By default is their any configuration setting through which we can make that the logs folder or each logs file get created automatically with 777 or 577 as permission?

• 2.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 02:50 PM

• 3.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Posted Sep 27, 2018 02:57 PM

Above link is directing the logs but its not referring to my original question as how to change the permissions to the created log files.

• 4.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 03:07 PM

If on Linux you can do this command:

chmod -R 775 <lisatmp folder>

On Windows bring up file explorer, right-click on your lisatmp folder, choose Security tab, highlight Users in the Group or user names box, choose Full control and Modify for the Permissions for Authenticated Users, chooser OK.

Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Posted Sep 27, 2018 03:11 PM

Our VSE in linux.  Above chmod command works for the existing files in logs folder but when new log files get created still it will be created with restricted permission and not 775 right? Please clarify.

• 6.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 03:17 PM

I should also take into account new log files.  Once you do the folder and subfolders, it will be for all existing folders and new ones.

• 7.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 01:36 AM

Hi Manish,

Not an answer to your specific question but maybe contributing to the root cause of your problem ....

It appears you are running your DevTest processes as root? For all the linux DevTest installations I have assisted with we always used a technical linux group and technical linux user to install and run the software. Hence we never had issues with log or other files created as root for which we had no rights to manipulate.

The only attention point is if you want to start the DevTest processes automatically at boot time - i.e. the /etc/init.d scripts. Because these scripts are executed by user root, so you cannot run the scripts straight from here but instead your init.d script can use the command "daemon -u <technicalUser> /<yourDevTestInstallDir>/bin/RegistryService"

Cheers,

Danny

• 8.  Re: LISA Logs permission

Posted Sep 28, 2018 10:41 AM

You can try to use umask to set the default permissions for new files, but that will be valid for all new files being created under that user, not only DevTest log files.

Setting the default permissions for a new file 

umask(C) 

Heloisa.