DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Posted Sep 27, 2018 01:32 PM

How do we pass xForwarder ip to BA.js . what would is the attribute to be used in BA.js/BA.ext.js file to pass this information to AXA collector from browser header.

• 2.  Re: AXA - to capture xForwarder ip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 06:06 PM

Can someone offer suggestions to Rashmi?

• 3.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 10:09 PM

Hi Rashmi,

I don't think edit of the BA.js file is the correct method.

I think this feature may have only have been previously available in AXA SaaS

However in AXA 17.3 on premise I see the file AxC/conf/dxc.properties has property "client.ip.http.headers" where you can add a comma separated list of headers to check. Comments from that file:

# list of custom headers where client IP may be present. This list should be sorted by
    # priority and DxC will pick up client IP from first header found in the http request.

I am checking this with Engineering and will come back to you.

*** October 2:  Engineering advised that this functionality is not propagated to Kibana (Session Events Index to build visualizations on) until 17.3.2 so that explains the lack of reporting in 17.3.

17.3 Service Pack 2 has just been released so please upgrade to that version: General Availability Announcement for CA App Experience Analytics 17.3.2 

NOTE: there is no upgrade path from 17.3 -> 17.3.2 so it is not possible to retain data across the 2 releases and you need to do a fresh 17.3.2 install to get this full functionality ***

I also created a KB for future reference: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-to-pass-a-client-ip-header-property-to-on-premise-ca-axa/KB000116803

Regards

Lynn

• 4.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Posted Sep 28, 2018 08:39 AM

Thank you Lynn for this, it helped us. We now have in header both the IP's "X-Forwarded-For": "***.***.x.x","client_ip": "***.***.xx.xx"in AXA logs. request you to please suggest how do we get it to AXA reports.

Note: yes we have AXA 17.3 on prem.

Thanks

Rashmi

• 5.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:38 PM

Hi Rashmi,

Engineering advised that this functionality is not propagated to Kibana (Session Events Index to build visualizations on) until 17.3.2 so that explains the lack of reporting in 17.3.

17.3 Service Pack 2 has just been released so please upgrade to that version: General Availability Announcement for CA App Experience Analytics 17.3.2 

Thanks

Lynn

• 6.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 12:13 AM

I see no 17.3 -> 17.3.2 upgrade path documented so I also need to check on that with Engineering

Installing CA App Experience Analytics - CA App Experience Analytics - 17.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 7.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 10:09 PM

Unfortunately Engineering advised that there is no upgrade path from 17.3 -> 17.3.2 so it is not possible to retain data across the 2 releases and you need to do a fresh 17.3.2 install to get this full functionality.

• 8.  Re: AXA - to capture X-Forwarded ip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 11:18 PM