Service Virtualization

• 1.  Create VS from rrpairs - encoding used ?

Posted Oct 02, 2018 05:37 AM

Hello,

When creating VS from rrpairs, I've tried to specify "encoding". But I can specify any value (like "the earth") and no error occur.

In creation popup, navigating with button "next" and "prev", the value of this field is lost when coming back to the first screen (the other fields are saved).

And the value specified is not saved in .vrs file. 

Is this field used for something ? In my case, I was trying to create an HTTP VS (with DevTest 10.1 & 10.3).

Best regards.

Benoit

• 2.  Re: Create VS from rrpairs - encoding used ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:52 AM

As far as I know for HTTP VS, the default encoding is UTF-8. It uses the property file.encoding=UTF-8 which is defined in lisa.properties. Recorder gives an option to specify different encoding. 

# Encoding for files read and written by DevTest
    file.encoding=UTF-8

I can verify why the encoding is not saved in VRS file if you can open a support case.

• 3.  Re: Create VS from rrpairs - encoding used ?

Posted Oct 04, 2018 02:27 AM

I will open a case to understand why the encoding is not saved in VRS file (case 01208083).

But how to be sure it is used when creating VS ?

Today, using DevTest 10.3, I can specify "UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1" or any bad value, there is no difference when creating VS and no error message. Moreover the value is not saved in the "encoding" dropdown list of VS creation popup (see attachment).