DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring of Oracle Database and SQL Server 2014

• 1.  Monitoring of Oracle Database and SQL Server 2014

Posted Oct 02, 2018 01:59 PM

Good evening dear: I have installed UIM 8.5 and they ask me to monitor the bases of the data they currently have (ORACLE and SQL) and I know that there is 1 probe for each monitoring. In the case of Oracle, the probe is called ORACLE In the case of SQL Server, the probe is called SQL SERVER But I would like to know what kind of permissions I require to monitor SQL and Oracle, I understand that for Oracle a user is required at the S.O. level. and another at the BD level or a user with administrator privileges. And for the case of SQL I require a user with administrator permissions or a user with elevated permissions to carry out the monitoring. regards

• 2.  Re: Monitoring of Oracle Database and SQL Server 2014

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 04:00 PM

For user permissions see the following:

For the sqlserver probe permissions are defined in the Access Prerequisites section of the probe's Release notes Wiki page:

sqlserver (SQL Server Monitoring) Release Notes -> Access Prerequisites

For the oracle probe:

From the Create a Connection sections from the oracle AC Configuration and oracle IM Configuration Wiki documents, it states that the configured user ID requires "authorization to read the database views".  However, depending on what you want to monitor in your Oracle database, you may need to make additional changes to the permissions assigned to the configured user as specified in the KB000009546 : Additional permissions/modifications for oracle probe and database user Knowledge Document.

• 3.  Re: Monitoring of Oracle Database and SQL Server 2014

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:35 PM

thanks dear