Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Do you know if there is a limitation of 72 characters for columns in Automic we seem to see trunction of jcl after 72.

• 1.  Do you know if there is a limitation of 72 characters for columns in Automic we seem to see trunction of jcl after 72.

Posted Oct 02, 2018 06:53 PM

If there is something past column 72 it seem to cut it off before the jcl runs.

I am not sure where this is hard coded for 72.

Thanks

Cheryl

• 2.  Re: Do you know if there is a limitation of 72 characters for columns in Automic we seem to see trunction of jcl after 72.

Posted Oct 03, 2018 03:14 AM

Hi

AE Version?

OS Type and Version?

any err message?

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Do you know if there is a limitation of 72 characters for columns in Automic we seem to see trunction of jcl after 72.

Posted Oct 03, 2018 11:18 AM

Sounds like z/OS.

• 4.  Re: Do you know if there is a limitation of 72 characters for columns in Automic we seem to see trunction of jcl after 72.

Posted Oct 04, 2018 06:10 AM

If you are indeed on z/OS, might that be a z/OS restriction?

"On z/OS, scripts are held in a fixed-format data set, with a record length of 80. Only columns 1 through 72 can contain meaningful information; columns 73 through 80 are ignored."

Source:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q085110_.html

(Yes, I know that refers to some IBM MQ product, but I find mentions similar to this for several products, so it looks like an OS or script interpretter restriction).

Hth,