Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  Change Sets

Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:56 AM

I have a few questions with respect to change sets tab in the user story/DE.

1. Why don't I see the change sets tab in the QDP view? Is there something I can do to make it visible? 

2. How do I filter out only those stories that have the change set tab populated with information? Filters don't have the option of picking "change sets", neither is there a column of "change sets" to add to a view.

3. There could be multiple changesets for one artifact. In case I wish to delete one of these changesets, is it possible to do that?

(Screenshots attached for all the questions)

• 2.  Re: Change Sets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 11:51 AM

Hi Niveditha,

Please see the following article about deleting changesets:  How to delete a changeset - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: Change Sets

Posted Oct 03, 2018 12:09 PM

Niveditha, to answer #1 and #2:

Changesets aren't on QDP yet, but we do plan to add them in the future. Current plan is to add them to a tab that consolidates these types of items, called 'Connections'.

Check out Agile Central - WSAPI: How to create and query Changesets  on how to query for changesets

• 4.  Re: Change Sets

Posted Oct 03, 2018 12:26 PM

Hey John,

I tried the first solution in the link you gave to query changesets - which is to use the "custom list" app and pick "changesets" as type. But that doesn't give me any much useful information. It just lists all the changesets and doesn't give me a way to link it to a user story/defect. 

Below screenshot includes all the columns that it allows.

Also, since I'm not a developer, using the WSAPI to query becomes very difficult for me. I can manage the basic queries, but this is little high level.

• 5.  Re: Change Sets

Posted Apr 29, 2019 07:44 PM

Hey John,

Do you have any solution to display Artifacts linked to change sets.

• 6.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Posted May 29, 2020 03:13 PM
    Hi John/Lori,

Any idea on how to display the Artifacts linked to change sets?

I looked at the https://rally1.rallydev.com/apps/2.1/sdk.js
    and the default fields are 
     changeset: ["Name""CreationDate""Message""Revision""SCMRepository""CommitTimestamp""Uri"]
    at line 87124.
    Can we add FormattedID,User, Defect, Story, Task in the sdk file default fields to display them in the custom grid?

Any suggestion will be very helpful?

Thanks
    Hardeep

• 7.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Posted May 29, 2020 04:34 PM

What are you looking at specifically in the SDK

It may be possible to add columns but need to know what you would like to add columns to

Sr. Project Manager IT Project Delivery, PMP

Western Region

Enterprise Desktop Field Services

Tel: + 1 682 278 3758

Mobile: + 1 817 209 4598

E-mail: chas.chand@aa.com

Cube: 8E.1E.138A  

• 8.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Posted May 29, 2020 04:54 PM
    Hi Chas,

When I use the Custom List app (source code) in Custom Html to display the dashboard  and change the edit App settings with type:Changeset , then 
    I can see column names ["Name""CreationDate""Message""Revision""SCMRepository""CommitTimestamp""Uri"].

I would like to add 4 more columns to the same type:Changeset so that it looks like this
    ["FormattedId", "User","Story","Task","Defect", "Name", "CreationDate", "Message", "Revision", "SCMRepository", "CommitTimestamp", "Uri"].

Thanks
    Hardeep

• 9.  RE: Re: Change Sets
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2020 05:09 AM
    Hi Hardeep,

Most of the apps in Rally deal with a specific artefact type and the fields that are available on that type. It is not exactly clear what you are after, but FormattedID is not something that is available on a ChangeSet.

If you are after the FormattedID of the associated Artifacts, (i.e. Story, Task, Defect), then you will need to use something like a Custom HTML app to achieve it. The easiest way I can think of is to modify the Custom List app source code in a similar way to this:https://github.com/nikantonelli/CustomList-Dependency/blob/master/Mapper.js​ By changing the mapping of the parent child relationships, you will be able to get the Custom List app to show all the ChangeSets with their associated 'children' Artifacts.

This approach should allow you to choose the fields that you want to see from the ChangeSet and the associated work item.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 10.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Posted Jun 15, 2020 12:27 AM
    Hi Nik,
    Thank you. 
    On looking at the source code from the link you provided, if I add the typepath for changeset(as below in bold), do you think it will be sufficient, or should I need to add different hierarchialrequirement to get changeset with artifacts?

Ext.define('Niks.apps.ParentChildMapper', {
            extend: Rally.data.wsapi.ParentChildMapper,
            parentChildTypeMap: null,

constructor: function() {
                this.parentChildTypeMap = {
                    //Only possible dependency of a user story is another user story.
                    //Due to the 'funny' in sdk.js, add the defect in as well.... can't hurt....
                    hierarchicalrequirement: [
                       {typePath: 'defect'collectionName: 'Defects'parentField: 'Requirement'},
                       {typePath: 'changeset', collectionName: 'Artifacts', parentField: 'WorkspaceDomainObject'},
                        {typePath: 'hierarchicalrequirement'collectionName: 'Predecessors'parentField: 'Successors'}
                    ],
                    // milestone: [
                    //     {typePath: 'artifact', collectionName: 'Artifacts', parentField: 'Milestones'},
                    // ],
                    //Don't know why this one is here, but leave it for now
                    attributedefinition: [
                        {typePath: 'allowedattributevalue'collectionName: 'AllowedValues'parentField: 'AttributeDefinition'}
                    ]
                };
            },

• 11.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2020 05:17 AM
    Hardeep,

I don't think that will work. You are trying to make the changeset a child of an hierarchicalrequirement. Thinking about it, you might not be abale to do what you want to do with that app. The app requires there to be both directions of linkage available, but there isn't with Changesets: Changesets know about artifacts, but the artifacts don't know about the changeset - i.e. no changeset field present in the database model of a story.

There is an old app here, that might be worth looking at. I have no knowledge of it and what it does, but the readme matches your original question.
    https://github.com/RallyCommunity/changeset-artifact-linker

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 12.  RE: Re: Change Sets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2020 05:35 AM
    BTW, that app might need a bit of tweaking. The App.html file tries to use 2.0p of the sdk. This can be changed to 2.1. You will also need to change the call to create the timeboxes to the correct usage, e.g. the Rally.ui.IterationCombobox type needs to be changed to Rally.ui.combobox.IterationCombobox

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software