Layer7 API Management

• 1.  problem Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Porta

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi,

i have a gateway enrolled with portal 4.2 and trying to follow oauth toolkit documentation to Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Portal in the following url: Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Portal - CA API Management OAuth Toolkit - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

following the instructions, when i create a test request to register an oauth test client , i keep getting the following error response: <Error>
    <Code>500</Code>
    <Detail>Unknown operation (/1/api/keys)</Detail>
    </Error>

see below also the screenshoot of the request i send. will appreciate your help on this topic since currently i'm unable to practically use oauth in the portal and gw. 

• 2.  Re: problem Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Porta
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 04:39 PM

Hi Ido,

Portal 4.2 does not require this change to the OTK Client DB GET policy, that is strictly for classic (3.5) portal.

OAuth clients are managed both through the portal and the OAuth manager for 4.2. Please revert the policy back to the base version

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: problem Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Porta

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 03:07 AM

thanks for the clarification. i have reverted the changes. 

i'm still facing some issues accessing the oauth manager and see the list of registered clients from there.

should I expect to see in oauth manager the list of registered portal clients ? when I login the oauth manager I see nothing (see screenshot attached)

screenshot

• 4.  Re: problem Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Porta

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 09:21 AM

Hi Ido,

This is occurring because the logged in user is not an admin in OTK which restricts you to seeing only the clients you have created. This doc will help you set the right role for the user so you can see all clients registered.

CA API Management: Unable to view all OAuth client - CA Knowledge 

Let me know of any questions, thank you.

Regards,

Joe

• 5.  Re: problem Manage OAuth Clients with CA API Porta

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 02:48 PM

i will follow this doc.

many thanks for your kind assistance.