IT Process Automation

• 1.  SOAP Operator and MTOM

Posted Oct 05, 2018 03:47 AM

Does the SOAP Operator support file transfer with MTOM ? What is the recommended approach to enable this functionality ?

Background: a client wants to upload documents to a DMS with CA Process Automation. The SOAP interface of the DMS only supports file transfer with MTOM. We mananged to try the DMS functionality with SOAPUI, in which MTOM is just a flag: 

After setting this the file specified in the SOAP request is "magically" uploaded to the server. 

We would now like to implement this with CA Process Automation. 

• 2.  Re: SOAP Operator and MTOM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 08:56 AM

As far as I am aware this is not possible, there is no "MTOM" option within the soap operator configuration and I think this will be an enhancement request.  

What happens if you give the enabled option in your SOAP call within Process Automation?

<enable-mtom>true</enable-mtom>

I assume this will fail as it looks like the Process automation will need some additional code to make this binary call work.

• 3.  Re: SOAP Operator and MTOM

Posted Oct 05, 2018 09:48 AM

I do not have the DMS available. But will keep you updated - it is at least worth the try. But I assume the same like you. I guess the SOAP operator would need to support the option. 

• 4.  Re: SOAP Operator and MTOM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 09:12 AM

Any luck with this Armin?   Any chance to test the MTOM functionality?   It might be worth creating an IDEA for our Product Management to review either way as I am pretty confident this will not work properly.