Clarity

• 1.  Workflow not showed as available in project if a template is selected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 12:25 PM

Hi All

I create a project template. then I created a workflow on the project object selecting the template. Workflow is set as available for on demand start and is set to start on creation with no conditions.

Having done this, If I create a new project the process doesn't start. If I go in the Process tab within the project I don't see the workflow list even doing 'Show all'.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

fabio

• 2.  Re: Workflow not showed as available in project if a template is selected

Posted Oct 05, 2018 10:41 PM

Do you have the rights to run the process?  Is the process Active?  Given that you can't see the Process from the Project - Available Processes, would suggest that it may be one of these reasons.

• 3.  Re: Workflow not showed as available in project if a template is selected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 09:22 AM

Hi Roland.

I'm logged in as administrator with all possibile rights, and the process validated and activated. The problem is related to having linked a template to the project. If I remove it, I see the workflow listed, but in that case I do not have system actions like copy form template, etc.

Thanks

Fabio

• 4.  Re: Workflow not showed as available in project if a template is selected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 01:36 PM

Hi Fabio,

Which version of PPM are you using?  Which database?

I checked a couple of vanilla systems and I was able to see both project and project template processes for that template under available processes.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA Technologies, Inc.

214-473-1819