Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we use CA LISA service virtualization for MT5XX SWIFT message types?

• 1.  Can we use CA LISA service virtualization for MT5XX SWIFT message types?

Posted Oct 07, 2018 08:25 AM

Can we use CA LISA service virtualization for MT5XX message types?

I have used Request - Response pairs flow to virtualize.

Our request is MT515 message and  we get response from MT509 & MT543.

These MTXXX are all in XML formats.

We first placed all required JARS in required folder location then configured Queue Manager and queues.

Later, we tried to first go for R-R pair to see if we can do a simple test ( Request- MT515 & Responses as MT509 , MT 543)

We used XML Data Protocol & Request Data Manager Data Protocol Handlers for request and nothing under Response DPH.

We are using DevTest 10.1.0.283 and we have created a VSI, VSM and also done with deployment of VSM(Model). Now when we try to test in DevTest portal we get some errors saying "No incoming request found".

So, because of this we then checked using DevTest workstation's ITR mode. Here when we checked for our request and corresponding responses for LIVE queues; we found error as Reason Code MQ 2085(which says as per Google: that Queue could not be found on Queue Manager but our queue is already present in queue manager)

Here are few queries I need clarification for:-

1.Can we use virtualization method for MTXXX message which is in XML format for R-R pairs virtualization?

2.If yes, then could anyone tell me if above MQ2085 gets resolved then how and what steps to be taken further to do testing for such SWIFT MTXXX format messages using Devtest workstation & devtest portal..?

3.Also, if queue is already present on queue manager then what could be the reason for getting errors in portal as well as ITR..?

• 2.  Re: Can we use CA LISA service virtualization for MT5XX SWIFT message types?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2018 09:45 PM

You have multiple problems.

1. Your communication is incorrect. You need to sort out the MQ issues first.

One of the IBM documents I'm viewing says it's a JMS queue problem. Is your DevTest configuration using JMS, or is it using Native MQ? Usually, when I see SWIFT messages, it's Native MQ.

Can you verify that you copied all the JAR files for MQ (including the JMS one, if your queue really is in JMS mode) to DEVTEST_HOME/lib/shared, and make sure they are the same version as the version of your MQ server? They need to go in DEVTEST_HOME/lib/shared, and not anywhere else (they will conflict if you put them in multiple places).

If you've checked the above, you'll need to ask one of your MQ administrators to tell you the connection configuration you need.

2. All SWIFT MTxxx messages are in SWIFT FIN format, not XML.

Look here for details: UHB page | ISO 20022 

SWIFT support XML messages, but they are MX messages, not MT messages. See here for samples: Full catalogue | ISO 20022 

It is possible that your company has embedded MT messages inside XML, or they might have sent the MT messages through a message encoder to translate them to an XML format. If you can provide samples, I can have a look and determine which is it. Be careful about providing samples here, though, as it'll expose pieces of your test data to anyone who understands the SWIFT format.

DevTest has full support for both MT messages (using the SWIFT data protocol handler, we translate them internally between the MT format and an XML representation) and for MX messages (these are usually SOAP, and they use lots of attributes).

DevTest can both virtualise these messages, returning MT509 (ack) & MT543 (deliver) from a request of MT515 (confirm), and test these messages (including full SWIFT validation as an assertion).