Broadcom Customer Care

• 1.  Where is my download?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 04:32 PM

Today I placed an order for a number of PTFs which were to be returned as a zip file. This is something I have probably done 50-100 times in the past, if not more. When the order had been filled, and the zip file built, I looked at the screen that displayed my order and saw some differences.

In the past, it would show me a preferred and alternate FTP sites and an option to download via DLM. Today it just gave me the choice of DLM or FTP. Since I want to download the zip file directly into a USS file, I selected FTP. The screen I now got was different that I had seen before.

It gave me the FTP site, the logon id I was to use (My email address) and a password. In the past it would tell me the directory that held my file, but not now. I found some doc that was supposed to help, but it just said that the file would be placed into a "virtual directory". What is the name of this directory?

• 2.  Re: Where is my download?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 08:38 AM

Hello Jeffrey Holst,

Thank you for posting your query.

Let me contact you privately for more information and assist you further. 

Regards, 

Heena

• 3.  Re: Where is my download?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 11:19 AM

Hello, 

we had put some information together under Overview of FTP Download Changes .

For most users, the FTP via Browser link worked out well.

Only if a direct FTP request is needed, e.g. by a 3rd party tool, command line in various operating systems etc., please enter your email address and copy/paste the password from the FTP drop down information of the particular order.

The file(s) will be in the root directory then, there is no need to change directories anymore.

I see Heena reaches out to you directly as well, I am happy to help there if needed, too.

Thanks, Rainer

• 4.  Re: Where is my download?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 12:48 PM

JeffHolst did you get the help you needed?