Clarity

• 1.  Reflect a stakeholder without auto rights/full licence?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 12:12 PM

Hi All,

We have a Stakeholders section on the Project Summary Data view against which we record the Project Manager, Programme Manager and Sponsor for an investment. The Project Manager field is a look up and anyone inputted there automatically consumes a full licence. We'd like to record the 'Requestor' of a project or other investment type and wondered how others manage the same given that the Requestor might be outside of the Department and therefore not reflected in CA PPM/have no need to access it and need a licence. I think I could create an attribute (Data type String) with a character limit to allow free text entry but is there a better way to do this?

We are using version 15.1

Apologies also if this is in the wrong space (first posting!)

Thanks

Lisa

• 2.  Re: Reflect a stakeholder without auto rights/full licence?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 01:43 PM

If the requester is not necessarily a user of the application, then yes a simple custom text string would work.

If the requester is always going to be a user of the application, then a custom attribute using a lookup on application users would be the right thing to do.

• 3.  Re: Reflect a stakeholder without auto rights/full licence?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 10:36 PM

There are three lookup attributes obj_stakeholder1 to obj_stakeholder3.  These don't take up a licence.  The lookup used does require the user to be in PPM where they can be a 'view-only licence'.  Otherwise, as David indicates a string text attribute could be used. 

I personally like 'look-ups' as you may want to filter for all projects for Stakeholder A, for example, to provide them with the latest Status Report.

• 4.  Re: Reflect a stakeholder without auto rights/full licence?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:47 AM

You can add resources without allowing them to be able to use the tool by locking them out in the Admin portion. They should not be able to use a license if they are locked