Service Virtualization

• 1.  PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 09, 2018 03:02 AM

How to connect to a proxy server from LISA using the step Execute External Command? What is the command to be used? I have two hostnames and ports to be connected

• 2.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 09, 2018 03:09 AM

I need the username and password also to be provided as input

• 3.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 09, 2018 09:20 PM

Can you share more information on what you're attempting to do by connecting to remote server? If you're trying to copy files from or over to a remote server then there may be a better way to do it.

But to your question - the challenge I'm seeing is that there's a two step process when connecting to a remote server with credentials:

1. The first step is to connect to the actual server (using the following command: putty.exe -ssh username@my.company.com)

2. The second step is to enter the password when prompted: <password>

I'm not sure if there's a command that allows you to combine both steps into one. And it gets tricky, and possibly technically not doable, to keep or pass the ssh session between two steps. However, I did some googling on other tools and there's a tool called sshpass that allows to pass in the password using the -p flag.

• 4.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 10, 2018 01:34 AM

bf96823872603aff5dcebc324146e627-PuTTY-proxy-step1_tabProxy.png (462×446)

I need to use SOCKS 5 proxy type with the highlighted fields and the password. Could you please help in resolving this issue?

• 5.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 10, 2018 12:03 PM

Hi,

The following regarding the plink will help you for executing the command.

https://communities.ca.com/message/241793101?commentID=241793101#comment-241793101 

• 6.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 12, 2018 04:49 AM

The link shared in the above comment is to connect direct to the server. I need to connect to another server via proxy server. I have two IP and two ports to be connected with authentication. Could you please help in getting linux command to provide these input to connect to the server via PuTTY?

• 7.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 23, 2018 10:43 AM

Hi MeghaR,

Sorry for the delayed reply.I am not aware of any command for achieving your requirement.But did you try another approach?

Vishwa

• 8.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Oct 24, 2018 03:07 AM

Yes. I tried. Still its not working. I am still in search of the linux command to connect to proxy server.

• 9.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 05:24 PM

Not sure if this will help but I found this link:

Linux Proxy Server Settings - Set Proxy For Command Line - ShellHacks 

• 10.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Posted Feb 19, 2019 03:37 AM

Can anyone explain how to connect CALisa with putty.

• 11.  Re: PuTTY connection establishment via proxy server in LISA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 05:35 PM

There is a command line connection utility that comes with puTTY, it is called plink.  I tried it and it works:

C:\Program Files\PuTTY>plink <youruserid>@<yourtargethost> -pw <yourpassword>

So try this with an external command step from a DevTest test case.

Hope this helps.