Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 09, 2018 11:10 AM

I’m seeing the following error when trying to modify the preconditions of a workflow task.

Has anyone seen this before?

• 2.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 09, 2018 12:33 PM

I have not seen this before.  But I don't think we use *OWN in our precondition rules, so I would guess that for some unknown reason it wants to resolve the agent but that can only be done at runtime(?)

• 3.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 09, 2018 04:50 PM

The job might be defined on an agent group. I'll look into that.

• 4.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 09, 2018 02:54 PM

Hi Michael

I got this message when I tried using promptset variables with default values (object variables) outside of a workflow

[EDIT: not sure, if it was in or outside a workflow....]

Couriously sometimes it worked if I tried a couple of minutes later again....

pls do not ask why....

V11.2.3 and V11.2.6

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 10, 2018 07:46 AM

I think I know what’s going on. I think the UC4 Java User Interface is attempting to establish communication directly from the JUI to the agent. The agent is behind a firewall. The firewall allows communication between the Automation Engine server and the agent, but it does not allow direct communication between the JUI and the agent.

• 6.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 11, 2018 03:40 AM

I confirmed that the firewall between the JUI and the agent is the problem. What does CA recommend here?

• 7.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 11, 2018 08:56 AM

I still see this when I try to add a new pre/post condition on a JOBP/JOBS. I have been using the AWI (web interface) to add the conditions. Didn't really get to trouble shoot.

Thanks for sharing the reason for the issue @Michael Lowry . what are your next steps then?

• 8.  Re: Task preconditions - Data is generated at runtime and not available yet

Posted Oct 17, 2018 09:17 AM

I opened an incident. I’ll report back when I have a solution.