Layer7 API Management

• 1.  CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Posted Oct 10, 2018 08:55 AM

I have installed and configured CA Api Gateway on my VirtualBox but after I login I get this :

I am using Chrome, but same error is displayed in IE and Firefox. Java 8 is installed on my computer:

All environment variables are set:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

• 2.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:04 AM

Please try and start the policymanager using the Java Web Start Application

using the URL:

https://<gatewayHostName>:8443/ssg/webstart/manager.jnlp

See also

Start the Policy Manager - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Internet Explorer is the only browser that still supports the older Java applet technology for the Policy Manager. But there is some extra handling around this. The Java Web Start Application is overall the better option.

• 3.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:13 AM

Now when I open ".jnlp" file I get this:

Security tab looks like this:

Since Java 8 removed "medium" security, does this means it's not possible to run this with Java 8 ? Is there any other option? 

• 4.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:19 AM

I believe you have to edit the site list and add your gateway as exception.

• 5.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:23 AM

I did, but I still get same error message

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018, 16:20 posco01, <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 6.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Posted Oct 10, 2018 07:01 PM

I believe the Java exception list is very pedantic, so you may want to try it with wildcard characters after the hostname, and with and without the HTTPS part too. This is one of those "you'll have to try every possible combination if it keeps happening" before we can start to look elsewhere, because ultimately it's a simple issue (at first glance) of your Java install blocking the app from running and needing to configure your Java settings to have an exception for the app so it can run unrestricted. If the exception doesn't work, then it's most likely that the exception wasn't quite accurate enough or broad enough to apply to the application, therefore it'd still be getting caught in the Java security net. You can also try adding in the certificate if that's possible.

• 7.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:48 PM

Hello,

I'd like to recommend the Desktop client rather than the Browser client.
    The security features of web browsers and java runtimes are changing quickly.
    Unless you have to use the Browser client, I think the Desktop client is easier and better choice.

Start the Policy Manager - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Best regards,
    Seiji

• 8.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2018 07:10 AM

I uninstalled Java 8 completely, installed Java 7, set security to "High", added website to exception site list (with port) and with .jnlp API gateway is finally up and running!

• 9.  Re: CA API Gateway Java runtime error

Posted Oct 11, 2018 10:38 AM