CA Service Management

• 1.  CA BSI: Handling Multiple Adapters within Business Logic

Posted Oct 10, 2018 09:09 AM

Hello Team, 

I need your assistance to create business logic where we have one resource which is mapped to 1 event type and that event type is mapped to 4 adapters. Each of the adapter has SLA target defined hence we need to create separate metric  for each of the adapter having different threshold. So I want to create a common business logic and put one adapter condition into it. What is the BSI fields to represent the adapter in VB script? 

• 2.  Re: CA BSI: Handling Multiple Adapters within Business Logic

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 04:42 AM

Hi,

There is no way to distinguish between adapters in business logic.  The reason behind this, is that the adapters form a layer that is independent from the BL layer.

What you could do is this:

• use separate resources
    • use different event types.
    • add an additional field in the event type that contains information on the data source. I say data source, not adapter. Decisions in BL should be based on business information (data form the data sources). Adapters are just a means to collect that data. They should not be used to make decisions in BL.

• 3.  Re: CA BSI: Handling Multiple Adapters within Business Logic

Posted Oct 15, 2018 05:39 AM

Hi Hasan

Could you explain further the use case. As I understand you have 1 resource and 1 event type which is in use and that event type is updated/created by multiple adapters. Is there any reason why 4 adapters are used and 1 joined query is not used in the adapter or why 4 different event types are not created?

If the business logic (rules) are same for calculation and only the SLA target changes per adapter, you could also look at implementing one metric with parameters or incorporate those conditions in Business Logic.

Anyhow trying to answer your question( if I understood it correctly) - The reader/adapter definition can be definitely fetched through reader field in raw data to differentiate between data generated by different adapters.

Please let me know if this helps.  I am also curious to understand your BSI implementation and maybe we could have further discussion on this.

Regards

Mohit