CA Service Management

• 1.  macro code value/syntax for ticket type (i.e Incident or request)

Posted Oct 10, 2018 03:41 PM

What is the value for ticket type in the macro code. I'm trying to create a macro code that only runs on request and not incidents when creating a Site-defined macro.

Regards

• 2.  Re: macro code value/syntax for ticket type (i.e Incident or request)

Posted Oct 10, 2018 10:42 PM

Hi,

the cr attribute 'type' differentiates between incidents, problems and requests.  Type='I' for Incidents, 'R' for Requests, 'P' for Problems.  There are also specific 'factories' (effectively sub-classes of 'cr'): 'in' presents only Incidents and 'pr' presents only Problem records, but the factory (or class) 'cr' presents Incidents, Problems and Requests.  You can see the factory definitions in bopcfg\majic\cm.maj.

If you want to launch a macro only for requests then you can put a filter in the trigger that launches it.  What are you trying to do?

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: macro code value/syntax for ticket type (i.e Incident or request)

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:09 PM

Hi James

I'm looking to have separate SLA's for incidents and request and was looking for the macro code to add to an out of the box macro code filter for either incidents or requests.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

• 4.  Re: macro code value/syntax for ticket type (i.e Incident or request)

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:40 PM

Then in your SLA event actions - or in the conditions associated with them - you should be able to use

if (type == "I") {   /* do Incident logic */
       }
    and so on...

Another way to differentiate between incidents and requests for SLA purposes is to use different Incident / Request areas (categories) for incidents and Requests, and associate a Service Type with the Area.  But if you have priority-based SLAs that you want to be different for Requests as opposed to Incidents then you will have to put some 'ifs' in somewhere, as above.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

James