Symantec Access Management

• 1.  This Application has Unexpectedly Quit

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:11 AM

Hello all, I have an issue with my Strong Auth. Yesterday, my Network Admin changed the IP hosting my Advanced Authentication Server as well as my SQL Server. Because of this, my Strong Authentication refuses to run.It gives the error message:

The CA Strong Authentication Service service on Local Computer started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

And I'm trying to uninstall it and do a fresh install to update the IPs to reflect the change. However the uninstaller keeps crashing with the following error message:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
     at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.VariableStringResolver.find(Unknown Source)
     at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.IAVariableStringResolver.find(Unknown Source)
     at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.VariableFinder.findNextVariable(Unknown Source)
     at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.VariableManager.substitute(Unknown Source)
     at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.VariableManager.substitute(Unknown Source)

I need help fixing the issue. I know there has to be files I can edit to configure the IP change but I cannot find them. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: This Application has Unexpectedly Quit
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2018 11:35 AM

I figured it out, I went into my Administrative Tools, and changed the IP addresses in my ODBC Data Sources.THis helped me start the services.