CA Service Management

• 1.  How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 10, 2018 04:01 PM

Hello, I need to keep the "edit mode" in the detail_cnt.htmpl form after saving a contact and then redirects to the "Notifications" tab included in detail_cnt form.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

• 2.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 04:06 PM

Hello Ana,

While I do not think what you are asking for is possible, or even feasible, I think there's a simpler alternative.  What if you made one of the Notifications tab fields required to save the Contact?  That way if the end user tries to save, it should theoretically alert the user to the tab and expose the tab and the required field?

• 3.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 10:10 AM

Why you would need to do this? Make sure some fields in notification tab are filled out before save and leave the detail_cnt.htmpl page? If this is the case, why not make those fields/attributes required in schema? Just my 2 cents.

• 4.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 01:50 PM

Ana.Blanco 

I agree with the suggestions made by David-Ng and Chi_Chen - make the fields mandatory/required.

• 5.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 12, 2018 01:26 PM

Hello, Paul_Coccimiglio & Chi_Chen sorry for not answering before!!!

I need that behavior because the "Notifications Methods" combo box filter according to the value selected in "Tenant" field while I'm creating a contact. So, the solution I think can work  it's saving the contact with the tenant value and then reload the form in edit mode so that the "Notifications Methods" combo box filter with the values I need. 

Thanks and best regards.

• 6.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 12, 2018 02:24 PM

Hi Ana.Blanco ,

you can add to detail_cnt.htmpl this:

<PDM_IF "$args.id" == "0">
    </script>
    <input type=HIDDEN name="STAY_EDIT" value="1">
    <script>
    </PDM_IF>

Regards,

Carlos

• 7.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 12, 2018 04:05 PM

Thanks Carlos_Labarta 

I will try what you suggest.

Regards.

• 8.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 22, 2018 01:20 PM

Hello Carlos_Labarta

Sorry, where should I write that code in detail_cnt.htmpl? after the saving function? I've tried but *** seems doesn't work!

I just could test it today, because I was waiting for our customer!

Thanks and best regards

• 9.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 22, 2018 01:38 PM

Hi Ana.Blanco ,

Yes, you need write this code on detail_cnt.htmpl, for example before <PDM_MACRO name=dtlEndTable>:

<PDM_IF "$args.id" == "0">
    </script>
    <script>
    </PDM_IF>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlEndTable>

When you create a new contact and save it will be saved and stay in edit mode. Second time that you click on save it will be saved.

I tested this on SDM 17.1.

Regards,

Carlos

• 10.  Re: How to keep the "edit mode" after saving in detail_cnt.htmpl form (CA SDM)

Posted Oct 22, 2018 03:13 PM

Great Carlos! 

It worked for me on SDM14.1

I just made one change in the first line:

<PDM_IF "$args.id" == "">
    </script>
    <script>
    </PDM_IF>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlEndTable>

Best regards.