DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum OneClick Client Java Certificate expires in March 2019

Posted Oct 11, 2018 03:44 AM

The is due for Spectrum 10.2.1, 10.2.3 and 10.3.0.

The last times this happend we had to upgrade our Spectrum environment. What is the plan for next year? Will there be a hotfix. Do I have to upgrade to a new release?

Our company policy prevents starting Java Applications if the certificate is not valid anymore. If I have to upgrade I would like to know to which release and when it will be available, since I have to do some tests first.

Regards,

Jana.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum OneClick Client Java Certificate expires in March 2019
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 03:54 AM

Engineering has confirmed that as of Spectrum 10.1.0 we timestamp our JAR files, so even if the certificate has expired you should not be locked out of OneClick as the certificate was valid at the time the JAR files were timestamped.

The Java certificate is scheduled to be updated for Spectrum 10.3.1 which is currently scheduled to be released before the end of this calendar year.

• 3.  Re: Spectrum OneClick Client Java Certificate expires in March 2019

Posted Feb 18, 2019 03:59 AM

Hi Glenn,

according to The OneClick java jre certificate for CA Spectrum - CA Knowledge , this is the case since 10.0:

Starting with CA Spectrum release 10.0, the tomcat jar files have been timestamped in accordance with the certificate. The certificate has expired, it has not been revoked so in a typical java deployment we do not expect any interruptions

Which statement is true?