Clarity

• 1.  Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:29 AM

Hi,

My name is Nuttapong from MFEC, partner of CA, I got a requirement from my customer. They need to change their PPM IP address and hostname. They ask us how to do that. We try to search the document in ca.com but we cann't really find any related document.

So please help me. We really need it.

Regards,

Nuttapong.

• 2.  Re: Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:39 AM

HI Nuttapong,

PPM doesn;t store any IP address anywhere in the system, if you change the IP address then it must resolve to fully qualified domain name and you should use either the domain name or the load balancer URL in the ppm entry URL.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:49 AM

Hi Suman,

Thank you for your quick reply. How about changing hostname of PPM server? Can they do that without any error? Please help me to confirm.

Ragards,

Nuttapong

• 4.  Re: Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Posted Oct 11, 2018 05:35 AM

PPM doesn't care about the host name, just whatever you have configured in the CSA is resolved OK on your network.

• 5.  Re: Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:20 PM

In case if the IP Address changes and if you have configured Bind Address  in CSA then you need to update the IP Address in CSA. Please make sure the details are updated in the CSA.

• 6.  Re: Is there any document for changing CA PPM IP address and hostname?

Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:44 PM

Thank you everyone, we will try it. And if we got an issue, we will reply to you guys again.