CA Service Management

• 1.  How to avoid to cartesian product (Data Partition Constraint)

Posted Oct 11, 2018 06:54 AM

Hi,

I need to restrict access to contacts.

I need to allow access to all Customers, Groups and Analysts from CompanyOne (Functional Organization = OrganizationOne) and also to Analysts (members of groups) wich belongs to CompanyTwo but are members of CompanyOne groups.

All groups (where im looking for members from other companies) have always special text in the name like (ZZZ.1st Lvl; ZZZ.2nd Lvl; etc.)

constraints I want to use: 

form: ca_contact

restriction1: organization.name IN ('CompanyOne') => all kind of contacts from CompanyOne

restriction2: group_list.group.last_name IN ('ZZZ%') => all contacts from all Companies wich are members of groups with special name.

result: (organization.name = 'CompanyOne') OR (group_list.group.last_name IN ('ZZZ%'))

But it cause cartesian product.

Yes, I know about the workaround with oR and it works, but my question is, if there is a way how create the constraint without causing cartesian product.

• 2.  Re: How to avoid to cartesian product (Data Partition Constraint)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 07:52 AM

This article may help:

KB000050056 - How to avoid a cartesian product in a where clause and error message AHD03106

Keep in mind though, some queries would impact performance.

• 3.  Re: How to avoid to cartesian product (Data Partition Constraint)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 08:19 AM

This article as well, which goes into further details to what causes Cartesian Products in the first place.

What is a Cartesian product in Service Desk and wh - CA Knowledge