Clarity

• 1.  Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Posted Oct 16, 2018 09:52 AM

For example, consider following data:

Resource name: Test User

Project Name: Test Project

Test User has booked 168 hours for the month of June 2018. These hours are approved and posted. (as shown in below screenshot)

When we check the actuals for Test User in Team (Details) tab of Test Project, we see 169 hours for the month of June.

Has anyone come across such issue?

Can anyone help us understand where is this extra 1 hour coming from?

Note: There are no transactions for this project.

• 2.  Re: Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 02:15 PM

Can you check the database to make sure the values are what is shown on the timesheet?  The timesheet rounds to 2 decimals.  Perhaps there is a third decimal place added and the sum is causing the hours to round up.

Note that in the prtimeentry table the values are *3600 so you would need to divide by 3600.

Other options, check in the project to see if you can add decimals there.

If all these are correct and there truly were no transactions or WIP transfers done to move one hour to the project  we can check the slices. I recommend opening a case to investigate further if you find this is not a rounding issue or WIP adjustment(transfer).

• 3.  Re: Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Posted Oct 17, 2018 05:05 AM

Hi Liz, there are no decimal places in the hours and so no rounding up done.

Case has been already raised #01203557

• 4.  Re: Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2018 08:46 AM

I reviewed the case.

I am going to update it with these questions and some additional information.

What is the total for the assignments?  Is it 168 or 169?

If the assignments are correct there may be an assignment pointing to the wrong team.  This would need further investigation.

Liz Williamson

Sr. Support Engineer

CA Technologies | 5465 Legacy Drive Suite 700 | Plano, TX 75024-3106

Office +1 888-550-6458 | Liz.Williamson@ca.com<mailto:Liz.Williamson@ca.com>

<http://www.ca.com/>        <https://www.facebook.com/CATechnologies>  <http://twitter.com/CAInc>  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/1372?goback=.cps_1244823420724_1>

• 5.  Re: Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:57 AM

Can you configure the TSV field (allocation by period) and choose the decimal places in display option.

• 6.  Re: Number of hours booked in timesheets is not same as the actuals posted in the Projects for the given resource for a particular month. Has anyone come across such issue and help me resolve it?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 12:09 PM

In general there are a couple of legitimate ways this can happen - the first probably doesn't apply here given the time periods showing in the screenshots and the months in question, but could apply for other similar situations.

1. Users that post time on non-working days (maybe some weekend hours on the timesheet for example) will show posted hours in one week/period, but can appear in the project on the next working day, which could show as an increase the week after.

2. If the timesheet entries are fully financially enabled, and go through the financial posting jobs, an adjustment may be made that isn't reflected on the timesheets.  Running the Import Financial Actuals job at that point can apply those adjustments to the project data (up, or down, or moved to other projects, etc.).

Just to be mindful of those things before chasing down other reasons.

If the issue goes the other way (more hours on the timesheet than in the projects), I would also check to make sure there are no Indirect time entries in the time sheets.  Not all the company processes are always followed all the time